=]

=]
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Gandhi

Monday, March 22, 2010

My Self-Evaluation

This blog post is a self evaluation on my demonstration speech on how to make “Puppy Chow”. To be honest, it was very hard for me to watch my own speech on the video. I am my toughest critic and I don’t like to give presentations in the first place. However, my overall performance was not that bad.

I believe my informational content was strong. I explained my topic and how it related to my audience pretty well. Yet, I feel like I could have elaborated more on my topic and how it came to be popular. I had relatively good organization and explained my steps in sequential order. After naming each step, I explained why each step was important.

My physical presentation was my weakest part of the demonstration. When I was up there, I felt as if I had a great physical presentation, however, after reviewing my video, I realized that I lacked much needed energy and enthusiasm. While watching the video, I was pretty bored with my speech; I wonder how the audience felt about it now. Another thing I will try to improve on is the many times I say “Um” while giving a presentation. On a good note, my volume and visibility were perfect. I could clearly hear and see myself on the video. I also kept eye contact with my audience as often as I could. My body language was pretty good; I stood up straight and used my visual aid to my advantage. My physical presentation of the topic was nicely done, overall.

My visual aid was pretty effective. I am a visual person, therefore, I felt that if I brought the ingredients and utensils, that would help my audience better grasp the concept of making the dish. I also believe that my visual aid gave my audience more interest in my topic, than if I would have showed the class through power points or something of the sort.

If I were given the chance to change back time and present the demonstration again, I would most likely choose the same topic. My reason for this is because many people never tried Puppy Chow before and it is very delicious and easy to make. My visual aid would be the same, but I would significantly change the energy in my presentation.

That said, I conclude that my overall demonstration speech on how to make Puppy Chow was good, but could have been much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment