=]

=]
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Gandhi

Friday, March 26, 2010

Peer Response #2

I thoroughly enjoyed reading PaNhia’s blog post, “Fresh Spring Rolls”. In this blog, she gives a step by step process for how to make delicious spring rolls. I have never had a spring roll in my life, but after seeing all of the pictures that she posted, I think I’m going to change that very soon. I have only had egg rolls in my time, but like PaNhia states in her blog, “they are much healthier than egg rolls because they are not deep-fried and most of the ingredients are fresh.” That fact alone makes me want to try them. I like how PaNhia lists the ingredients and directions in a well organized fashion. I felt like I was reading a recipe from a cookbook at times. She is very articulate with her directions and clearly numbers and explains each step. She lists her steps in sequential order, which is very helpful for those who want to try her recipe. I also love how she has pictures by most steps, for those people who are visual learners (like me!).

I am not sure if I believe Johnson’s claim that processed foods are just as beneficial to one’s health as fresh food. I understand that not all processed foods are bad for one’s body, but I still believe that food is most nutritious in its raw, natural state. A great majority of processed foods are jam packed with trans fats, sodium, sugars, etc. A high intake and/or combination of any of these may cause an unhealthy body. However, if some processed foods are good for one’s body, I would be very impressed. Being a college student whom enjoys quick, cheap, and storable food, it would be nice to know that at least some of the food I eat is good for my body.

Overall, I really liked PaNhia’s blog post and look forward to reading more from her!

No comments:

Post a Comment